I never imagined I would become the target of a viral campaign against a restaurant I have enjoyed every time I visit it.
The backlash against a beloved Italian restaurant in Venice has taken on a life of its own, with hundreds of tweets and Instagrams expressing their disgust for its location on the main square.
In January, the owner of the Italian restaurant, Bistro Santa Barbara, decided to close the restaurant, citing the lack of demand for his popular Italian dishes.
A few days later, a video emerged of the restaurant owner saying he would be closing the restaurant as soon as the weather cooperated, adding that he would have to do it himself.
The restaurant owner had a history of selling out and making the owners financially unsustainable.
The video went viral, with millions of views and many comments expressing outrage and frustration over the restaurant’s closure.
The restaurant’s owner and the owners of the nearby neighborhood restaurants had already expressed outrage over the situation, as had the owners and the community of Venice.
But as of this writing, the restaurant has yet to reopen.
The owner of Bisto Santa Barbara told New York magazine the restaurant is closed and will remain closed indefinitely.
“I would like to say thank you for supporting me, and for your kind words and support.
I do not have the energy to do this anymore,” the owner said in the video.
“I am going to take this on myself.”
On Sunday, after the video surfaced, the owners responded by posting a Facebook post that read, “We are saddened and deeply concerned about this situation.
The community is waiting for the best, and the best is not there right now.”
The post went viral and sparked an outpouring of support from the Italian community in Venice.
On Monday, the local mayor and the city council passed a resolution asking the government to create a committee to deal with the restaurant situation, with the intention of moving forward with plans to reopen the restaurant in the future.
While the restaurant owners and neighborhood residents may not have expected to receive any support from their neighbors, their reaction has brought attention to the plight of Italian restaurants in Venice, which is struggling to survive.
Venice is considered one of the most cosmopolitan and ethnically diverse cities in Europe.
Its cultural diversity is also a source of pride for many residents.
I always felt like I was at a community center, so I was always feeling the vibrancy of Venice, and Venice is one of my favorite cities in the world, said Anna, who has been living in Venice for three years.
And I love it so much, so much.
It was just a beautiful place to live.
Even after the controversy erupted, Anna said, the community has continued to support her and the restaurant.
“The community is still there,” she said.
“They are really, really supportive of the owners.
The food is still good, it’s still fresh.”
For many Italian families, Venice is their hometown, and in many ways it is a place where they feel at home.
For many, though, the city is becoming increasingly crowded and expensive as the population ages and the region suffers from a shortage of housing, food and services.
The restaurant controversy is not the first time a restaurant has faced controversy.
In 2015, the Italian tourist restaurant in Milan was the subject of an online petition to close over a video in which a woman’s breast was seen being squeezed.
The petition garnered over 100,000 signatures and a petition asking for the restaurant to close was also signed by nearly a quarter of a million people.
In a statement issued in March 2016, the Venice Chamber of Commerce called for an “appropriate solution” to the restaurant issue, saying, “Venice is not a city that wants to be like Milan or Rome, and as a result, many Italians feel a little bit uneasy about visiting.”
The Italian tourist chain, Siamak Restaurant, has been facing a number of controversies in recent years, including allegations that it treats workers unfairly and has exploited migrant workers.
In August 2016, a court ordered Siamaka, the largest Italian restaurant chain in Italy, to pay out €20 million in damages to a worker who filed a complaint against the company over a wage gap.
The Italian restaurant industry has faced criticism in recent months for its low wages and lack of union protection.
According to a 2016 report from the European Union, the industry employs around 1.5 million people and employs more than 2.5 percent of the total workforce.