NC restaurant opens after police raid

Oct 31, 2021 Contact

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) The owners of a Raleigh restaurant say they are opening after a police raid and will stay open for the night to help provide food for homeless people.

Owner Brian Lee said Monday they were relieved to hear the police would not pursue charges against his customers.

The raid on Lee’s restaurant, the Boneyard, came less than a month after a federal judge ordered the city to pay more than $40,000 to a former waitress who said she was beaten and robbed at knifepoint.

Lee said he has had no trouble with police, but he said they had not visited the restaurant.

He has no complaints about his business.

The former waitress, who also asked not to be identified, said Lee’s customers have been respectful and supportive.

“I’ve never seen anything like this in my life,” she said.

She said Lee is a longtime customer and has never had problems.

He said he plans to reopen Monday after the raid ends.

The owner of a restaurant in Durham, N., said he expects to reopen after police raided the Bonyard restaurant last month. 

The Boneyards owners say they have received hundreds of calls, emails and text messages from customers thanking them for providing food. 

“I think the outpouring of love, support and goodwill from people is just incredible,” Lee said.

By admin